Friday, August 22, 2008

Some Friday Thoughts

I still have to do that meme thing with flickr that Darren and Lottie have been on about...well it looks like a fun bandwagon, I might just hop on...when I've had a look at flickr that is.

This weekend we've got the wonderful Festival of World Cultures happening in Dun Laoghaire - it's always great fun, so go along and support lots of Irish micro enterprises, in addition to all the great international tastes to be sampled! I love markets - the regular one (Sundays) in the People's Park dangerously near Teddy's is a great one, so is the market up in Marley Park (Saturdays) - I highly recommend both! Lots of small businesses that I have worked with are at both of these markets, so I am always delighted to see them there, listening to real feedback from customers and conducting a littel R&D with samples of new products. It's inspiring and a delight to see.

Another one on this weekend - this time for the trade - is The Autumn Home & Gift Fair at the RDS. It starts on Sunday and goes on into the week. More micro enterprises will be there, in need of support! There are some really exciting new businesses popping up all over the place. I am so delighted that they are not taking this "slowdown" lying down but are going out there and grabbing all available business by the horns. Go on yee good things!

Also, just thought I'd say... I'm tuned into 2fm today and the DJ's are just spot on this avo...

...some examples...
I Kissed a Girl
That's Not my Name
The Man Who Can't Be Moved
Warwick Avenue
Black & Gold
Gettin' Jiggy with it
Dido's brand spanking noo toon
A bit of 5ive (hehehe!)
(plus, they've only played that horrific new BZ track once so far...yuk yuk yuk)

Lots of summer soundtracks there! Yay...

I just love it when the DJ's get it right :o)

Post Script!
I'm changing my "blogdrumrollplease" to "bookmarks" after Rosie's post! hehe

No comments:

Post a Comment