Tuesday, January 13, 2009

I don't usually complain officially, but...

As suggested by Damien Mulley...

to complaints@rte.ie
date 13 Jan 2009 15:27
subject New Afternoon Plan on 2fm

Good afternoon,

I would just like to add my voice to the huge number of emails I understand are flooding into you guys in RTE since this article alerted the public, bloggers and Facebook troops to the new afternoon plans on 2fm. I am sure you have heard it all before so I will not waste your time by ranting here, I will just ask you to note the disappointment of many including me, at your decision eliminate the quirky and different nature of Rick O'Shea's show, choosing instead to turn it into an iPod session. It's tough enough for us all in a recession-filled January without sapping a bit of fun out of the afternoons. I respectfully request that you reconsider your decision.

Kind regards,
MJ

Out of Office AutoReply: New Afternoon Plan on 2fm
Thank you for contacting complaints@rte.ie Your e-mail will be responded to as soon as possible.
RTÉ Corporate Communications
Go raibh maith agat as ucht do theagmhála chuig complaints@rte.ie Cuirfear freagra ort a thúisce agus is féidir linn.

***Update***
Response:
Thank you for your e-mail.

Your comments in relation to the Rick O'Shea Show will be included in our Audience Log of calls and e-mails, which is circulated for information to senior management in RTÉ Radio and is reviewed at the weekly meeting of the Editorial Board.

We appreciate you taking the time to make your views known to us.

With best regards,
RTÉ Information Officer

1 comment: